The Helium Atom Wireless Application Module is what you integrate into your connected products during manufacturing, bringing the physical world online at production scale. It contains all of the key components needed to integrate Helium into your connected product: A powerful ARM Cortex M4 MCU, Dual-band 802.15.4 wireless, hardware-based security with end to end encryption, authentication and authorization, and generous external flash memory for local storage and processing.
When integrated into an end product, the Atom Wireless Application module will behave exactly like the Atom Development Board and connect to the nearest Helium Element Access Point automatically with zero configuration required.
*Requires a Helium Element for full functionality.
- Zero-configuration on-boarding
- Long range dual-band wireless connectivity, switches between 2.4Ghz and sub-Ghz as required in noisy environments
- ARM Cortex M4 application processor for edge computing
- 32MB onboard flash memory for backup storage (store and forward) and firmware update storage
- Over-the-air firmware updates from Helium platform
- Programmable with Helium Script to interpret sensor signals (analog or digital)
- Edge computing to transmit only the data that matters
- Digital interrupt pads for I2C devices to wake the Atom
- Hardware root of trust for encryption, authentication, and authorization from sensor to Helium Cloud
- U.FL connectors for external antenna attachment (both 2.4Ghz and sub-Ghz bands)
|Networking standards||IEEE 802.15.4|
|Network topology||Star/hub & spoke|
|Application Processor||ARM Cortex M4 (STM32L476JEY6TR)|
|Onboard Memory||32MB Flash|
|Frequency Band||915 MHz & 2.4Ghz (North America) |
868 MHz & 2.4Ghz (EU)
|Host Communication Interface||USB & UART|
|Security||Hardware-based encryption, authentication and authorization|
|Form factor||Castellated form factor for easy integration into custom end products. |
The Atom Wireless Application Module can be integrated via hand-soldering or run through a reflow oven.
|Certifications||FCC ID: 2ADMK-1 |
IC ID: 12590A-1
- Helium Atom-based development boards: Up to 2 boards: Free. 3+ boards: $4 per month
- Helium Element Access Point (Ethernet): 1 Element: Free. 2+ Elements: $10 per month
- Helium Element Access Point (Cellular, Wifi, Ethernet): $40 per month
- Virtual Sensors: Free.
- Secure network access
- Unlimited cloud storage
- Support for hardware and software
- Security patches
- Firmware updates