This policy describes:
- What personally identifiable information we collect from you, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- What choices we offer, including how to update your personal information.
Personal Identification Information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, register on the Site, or place an order.
Information You Give Us
We will collect the personal information that you provide us. For example, we will ask you to provide personal information such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, and credit or debit card information as part of normal business transactions. Users may provide Helium information in the following scenarios:
- Registration - In order to use certain parts of the Site, you must first register. The registration form requires Users to give certain information (such as name and email address). At your option, you also may provide demographic information (such as your gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
- Orders - To purchase products or items from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number and expiration date).
- Surveys & other communications - From time-to-time our Site may request information. Participation in these is completely voluntary, and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address) and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information may be used to market to you about third party products and services. Your information also may be provided to third parties. Information may also be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of the Site, as well as for public posting and product reviews by other users.
Information we get from your use of our website or services
When you browse or use our Site, we collect information about the services you use, other websites you've visited and personal preferences. We also may collect your personal location while using our Site. This information includes: device-specific information (such as your operating system, mobile phone network, mobile device ID, and other device-specific unique device identifiers such as your computer's internet protocol (IP) address), user information, specific geographical location and browsing and interaction habits. Our Site may use "cookies" or similar technologies to enhance User experience. A cookie is a small file placed on your device or computer. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser or mobile device. However, if you select this setting, you may be unable to access certain parts of our Site. We use these technologies to collect and store information about you when you interact with services or products that we offer.
Do Not Track
Some browsers may offer a "Do Not Track" feature. This Site does not currently respond to "Do Not Track" signals.
How we use collected information
Helium collects and uses Users' personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service - Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To improve our Site - We continually strive to improve our Site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To process transactions - We will use the information you provide to process your order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To send periodic emails - Your email address will be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. It also may be used to respond to your inquiries. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you may contact us via our Site.
- Protect our rights or comply with legal process - We may disclose your personal information to enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Helium; to comply with any court order, legal process, or respond to any governmental or regulatory request; or to protect Helium's rights or property or the safety of Helium, our customers, employees, or others.
- Sale or merger - We also may disclose your personal information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of Helium’s assets.
- To market other products of Services to You - We may use your personal information in association with third party vendors, marketing firms or other companies to market or sell other non Helium products or services.
Accessing your personal information
You may log in to Helium to update your registration information.
Also, California law permits Users who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to the contact information below with "California Shine the Light Privacy Request" in the subject line and your full name, email address, postal address and specific services you have used in the body of your email.
How we protect your information
We adopt data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
While we use security measures to protect sensitive and personal information transmitted online, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Our Site is not directed to children under the age of 13, and our Terms and Conditions prohibit children under 13 from using our Site. We do not knowingly collect any information from children under 13.
Helium operates in the United States of America, under U.S. law. Any information you choose to send to this Site or Helium will be subject to the laws of the United States. Some jurisdictions, such as the European Union, do not consider the U.S. legal system to offer protections that are "adequate" in their judgment. If you do not wish your information to subject to U.S. law, please do not send it to Helium.
Helium does not intend to offer its product or Services in any jurisdiction where the offering of such products or Services would be contrary to applicable local law, and any such offer of products or Services is void if illegal under applicable law.
Your acceptance of these terms
1663 Mission Street, Suite 250