Helium Google Cloud IoT Core Channel Guide
Google Cloud IoT Core is a fully managed service that allows you to easily and securely connect, manage, and ingest data from millions of globally dispersed devices. Google Cloud IoT Core, in combination with other services on Google Cloud IoT platform, provides a complete solution for collecting, processing, analyzing, and visualizing IoT data in real time to support improved operational efficiency.
Helium built the Google Cloud IoT Core Channel to let IoT developers take advantage of this infrastructure quickly, easily, and securely.
Google Cloud IoT Core is still in private beta. This Channel guide is subject to change based on their APIs and feature set.
To get started, you'll need accounts for both Helium Dashboard and Google Cloud IoT Core, and an activated Helium Atom.
Finding your IoT Core Credentials
- Log into IoT Core > click Menu
- Navigate to IAM & Admin > Service Accounts. You may have to create a project to continue - if you do, follow the prompts. You may be asked to create a service account.
- In Service accounts, click Create Service Account
- Enter a name for the Service Account
- Under Role, select Cloud IoT Editor and make sure Furnish a new private key and JSON are both checked. Click Create
- You'll see a confirmation and a JSON file saved to your computer
Configure the Channel in Helium Dashboard
- In Dashboard, go to Channels and create a new Google IoT Core channel
- Copy and paste the JSON Private Key from Google Cloud IoT
- To find the Registry ID and Region, go to back to Google Cloud Platform > IoT Core > Registry Details
- Name your Channel and click Create.